Britannia Industries Limited is a leading Indian food company that was founded in 1892 and is headquartered in Kolkata, India. It is one of the oldest and most popular food companies in India, and it has a strong presence in over 70 countries across the world.
Here are some key facts about Britannia Industries Limited:
Products: Britannia is known for its range of food products, which include biscuits, cakes, bread, dairy products, and rusk. Some of its most popular brands include Good Day, Bourbon, Treat, Marie Gold, Tiger, Milk Bikis, and NutriChoice.
Market share: Britannia is the largest biscuit manufacturer in India, with a market share of around 33%. It is also a significant player in the dairy and bakery segments.
Revenue: Britannia’s revenue for the fiscal year 2020-21 was INR 11,709 crore (approximately USD 1.5 billion).
Production: Britannia has 13 manufacturing facilities across India, and it produces over 400,000 tonnes of biscuits and 50,000 tonnes of bakery products annually.
Sustainability: Britannia has taken several initiatives to reduce its environmental impact and promote sustainability. It has invested in renewable energy sources, implemented water conservation measures, and reduced its waste generation.
Corporate social responsibility: Britannia has also been involved in various social initiatives, including supporting education and healthcare programs, promoting women’s empowerment, and providing disaster relief.
Overall, Britannia is a well-established and respected food company in India and beyond, known for its quality products and commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
Here are some additional details about Britannia Industries Limited:
History: Britannia was established in 1892 in Kolkata, India as a small biscuit company. Over the years, it has grown into a leading food company, expanding its product range and market presence. Today, it is a part of the Wadia Group, a prominent Indian business conglomerate.
Innovation: Britannia has been known for its innovative products and marketing strategies. For example, it was the first company in India to introduce cream-filled biscuits, and it has launched several successful advertising campaigns, such as the iconic “ting ting ti ting” jingle for its Good Day biscuits.
Exports: Britannia exports its products to over 70 countries across the world, including the United States, United Kingdom, Middle East, and Africa. Its international business accounts for around 10% of its total revenue.
Partnerships: Britannia has partnered with several other companies to expand its product range and reach. For example, it has a joint venture with Greek dairy company, Chipita, to produce croissants and other baked snacks in India.
Recognition: Britannia has received several awards and accolades for its products and practices. In 2021, it was ranked as the most trusted biscuit brand in India by the Brand Trust Report, and it has also been recognized for its sustainability efforts by various organizations.
Overall, Britannia has established itself as a key player in the Indian food industry and has expanded its presence globally through innovation, partnerships, and a commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
Product list of Britannia
Britannia Industries Limited offers a diverse range of food products in India and abroad. Here is a list of some of its popular products:
- Good Day
- Marie Gold
- Milk Bikis
- Jim Jam
- Little Hearts
- Time Pass
- Pure Magic
- Nice Time
- Vita Marie Gold
- Whole Wheat Bread
- Sandwich Bread
- Fruit Bread
- Milk Bread
- Butter Bread
- Cheese Bread
- Dairy Products:
- Cheese Slices
- Cheese Cubes
- Premium Bake Rusk
- Milk Rusk
- Premium Suji Rusk
- Chocolate Cake
- Pineapple Cake
- Orange Cake
- Fruit Cake
- Coffee Cake
- Butter Cake
- Ready-to-Eat Meals:
- Ready to Eat Khichdi
- Ready to Eat Upma
- Ready to Eat Poha
Overall, Britannia offers a wide range of food products to meet the diverse needs and preferences of its customers.
Operations of Britannia industries
Britannia Industries Limited operates in various segments of the food industry, including biscuits, bread, dairy, and snacks. Here are some details about its operations:
- Manufacturing: Britannia operates 13 manufacturing facilities across India, located in states such as Karnataka, West Bengal, and Uttar Pradesh. These facilities produce a range of food products, including biscuits, bread, dairy, and snacks.
- Distribution: Britannia has a robust distribution network that ensures its products reach customers across India and abroad. It has over 3,000 distributors and 1.5 million retail outlets in India alone. It also exports its products to over 70 countries across the world.
- Research and Development: Britannia has a dedicated research and development team that focuses on product innovation, process optimization, and quality assurance. Its R&D center, located in Bengaluru, is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and has been recognized for its contributions to the food industry.
- Sustainability: Britannia is committed to promoting sustainability across its operations. It has invested in renewable energy sources, implemented water conservation measures, and reduced its waste generation. It has also introduced eco-friendly packaging solutions, such as compostable wrappers and recyclable cardboard boxes.
- Partnerships: Britannia has formed partnerships with other companies to expand its product range and reach. For example, it has a joint venture with Greek dairy company, Chipita, to produce croissants and other baked snacks in India. It has also partnered with Amazon to launch its online store and offer its products to a wider customer base.
Overall, Britannia’s operations are focused on producing quality food products, ensuring their availability through a robust distribution network, promoting sustainability, and partnering with other companies to expand its reach and product offerings.
Also Read – GoI Schemes for Youth Welfare
Britannia Industries Limited has consistently delivered strong financial performance over the years. Here are some key financial metrics for the company:
- Revenue: Britannia’s total revenue for the fiscal year 2021 was INR 12,947 crores (approx. USD 1.74 billion), up by 11% compared to the previous year. The company’s revenue has grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% over the past five years.
- Profit: Britannia’s net profit for the fiscal year 2021 was INR 1,498 crores (approx. USD 201 million), up by 16% compared to the previous year. The company’s net profit has grown at a CAGR of 13.5% over the past five years.
- Earnings per Share (EPS): Britannia’s EPS for the fiscal year 2021 was INR 64.5 (approx. USD 0.86), up by 16% compared to the previous year. The company’s EPS has grown at a CAGR of 13.4% over the past five years.
- Return on Equity (ROE): Britannia’s ROE for the fiscal year 2021 was 30.3%, up from 28.3% in the previous year. The company’s ROE has been consistently above 20% over the past five years, indicating efficient utilization of shareholders’ funds.
- Debt-to-Equity Ratio: Britannia has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.09, indicating a low level of debt on its balance sheet.
Overall, Britannia has delivered consistent revenue and profit growth over the years, while maintaining a strong balance sheet with low debt levels. These financial metrics reflect the company’s strong brand recognition, market position, and efficient operations.
Also Read – How Bank Generate Their Income?
Britannia Industries Limited Management
Britannia Industries Limited is a leading Indian food company that manufactures and sells a wide range of bakery and dairy products, including biscuits, cakes, bread, dairy products, and more. The company was founded in 1892 and is headquartered in Kolkata, India.
Here are some key members of the Britannia Industries Limited management team:
- Varun Berry – Managing Director
- N Venkataraman – Chief Financial Officer
- Gunjan Shah – Chief Commercial Officer
- Vinay Singh Kushwaha – Chief Human Resources Officer
- Ali Harris Shere – Chief Marketing Officer
- Ravi Kant Jaipuria – Non-Executive Director
- Ness Wadia – Non-Executive Director
- A. K. Hirjee – Independent Director
- S. S. Kelkar – Independent Director
- Keki Dadiseth – Independent Director
These individuals bring a wealth of experience and expertise to the management team of Britannia Industries Limited, helping to drive the company’s growth and success.
Also Read – All about World Water Day